For various reasons:
- The Four Seasons Singapore. This was my father's favourite hotel and they knew him well there. He'd go there to drink coffee, do some marking, (he was a teacher) do The Times cryptic crossword and just be looked after. I think my sister still has some of his ashes and if she does and if I ever make it there I should scatter some at The Four Seasons Singapore.
- The Crosby House in New York. Because it's a Firmdale Hotel and although I've only been to The Haymarket if that's anything to go by it'll be fabulous. And it's glamorous and quirky.
- Carlisle Bay, Antigua. Because it's owned by the people who own One Aldwych so if that's anything to go by it'll be fabulous. And the beach looks gorgeous. I hate the sun but I reckon I could just about cope if there was some shade, a sea breeze, factor 50 and hot and cold running waiters.
- Hotel De Crillon in Paris. Because it's such an iconic building, right on the Place De La Concorde. We're going in October, hoorah!
- I also fancy the Plaza Athenee in Paris but only because Carrie went there at the end of Sex and the City. Which is no reason to book a hotel so Crillon it is.